Lecturer - Accounting and Finance
£38,000 - £44,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Hybrid working based out of our Manchester Study Centre
Permanent, Full Time
Click here for the full job description
At Arden University, we pride ourselves on being true innovators, disruptors and pioneers, our focus is to promote life-long learning and ensure that everyone, everywhere can access higher education. We are currently recruiting a Lecturer to join our Accounting and Finance team to help deliver our targets of high-quality teaching, excellent student experience and knowledge exchange.
The successful candidate will join our growing academic team in the School of Digital Finance to develop and deliver our undergraduate and postgraduate portfolio in Accounting and Finance.
You'll bring to life the latest in industry practice for our students, with a focus on Financial Technology, Financial Markets and Institutions, Portfolio Management, Quantitative Methods, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Reporting, Audit and Assurance and Financial Management.
You will also provide support to our collaborative partners internationally. Applications from candidates with PhD (or close to completing their PhD) or equivalent degree are particularly welcome.
We would like to hear from applicants who have;
- Undergraduate degree (2:1 or above)/Postgraduate degree level in a relevant subject area to this position, or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge and expertise of the delivery of research and industry rich/informed learning and/or practice in a discipline relevant to the role
- You will have a sharp focus on all aspects of excellent teaching, learning and student experience and will contribute to the School's partnership and knowledge exchange activities
- Evidence of a strong research or knowledge exchange profile or the potential for developing a strong profile
- Applicants with professional qualifications with chartered institutes or professional bodies and have an equivalent portfolio of experience working in business are also encourage
At Arden, you will become a part of a passionate and dedicated team who are committed to removing unnecessary barriers to learning and making education more accessible. Our people work hard to ensure our students journeys are the best they can possibly be, as such we want to reward our people with fantastic benefits. Employees benefit from:
- 30 days holiday, add the bank holiday on top, and we even throw in Christmas closure
- A generous Aviva pension plan, our contributions start at 7%
- PMI or Healthcare Cashback (dependent on role grade)
- Study any Arden course for free, with generous discount for all family and friends
- Our ‘Golden Ticket’ which allows you to gift anyone in your life a free Arden education
- Plus, other competitive benefits!
Stand out, Progressive, Accessible, Resourceful, Kindness, reflect who we are as an institution, a team and as individuals. If they also reflect you and you are excited by the chance to be the driving, creative force within a growing business, we want to hear from you.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arden University, as we expand into new disciplines and locations. For the full job description, click here, or to start your journey with us, click apply!
Closing Date: Friday 1st March 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
If you have previously applied for this role, please wait a minimum of 6 months before applying again.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we recognise, and studies confirm, that often underrepresented candidates in the work place are less likely to apply to roles unless they meet all skills and experience of the position. At Arden we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, therefore we make sure that our recruitment and selection processes never discriminate based upon age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy, and actively welcome applications from all groups.
So, if you want to be part of Arden and our journey, but you feel that you’re missing some of the skills or experience the role requires, then we encourage you to apply anyway as you may make a great candidate for this role or others!