Apprenticeship Coach Team Leader
£38,000 - £40,000 plus excellent benefits (30 days holiday etc)
Remote-based work within the UK
Click here for job description
At Arden University, we pride ourselves on being true innovators, disruptors and pioneers, our focus is to promote life-long learning and ensure that everyone, everywhere can access higher education.
Arden Apprenticeships are growing. To support this growth, we are looking to recruit a Coach Team Leader to join our team.
Over the coming years, we have aspiration to significantly expand our portfolio of Degree Apprenticeships, increasing the number of learners able to take advantage of an Arden Degree. Arden Apprenticeships’ overriding purpose is to make sure that all our learners can succeed whilst remaining safe, happy and supported. In order to ensure this, as our numbers grow, we are recruiting a new Coach Team Leader to ensure we maintain our high-quality provision.
This role reports to the Coach Performance Manager with the key responsibilities being:
- Line Management of the Apprenticeship Coaches (circa 10)
- Regular 1-1 caseload reviews with coaches and completion of key reporting documentation
- Oversight of coaches’ learner progression and working with coaches to resolve any issues with progression or learner support
- Pro-active identification of coaching performance gaps/risks/process lapses and report these to the Coach Performance Manager. Support with developing action plans and delivering CPD to improve performance
- Working with each Coach to drive best practice and implement behaviour and performance improvements where required
- Implementation of other changes driven by regulatory, programme or delivery model changes
- Support with peer-to-peer performance improvement across Coaches
- Support with delivering the planned CPD to the coaches to ensure the highest level of learner experience
- Support with the understanding of academic content by the coaching team and that this is integrated into coaching meetings
- Support with recruitment of new coaches to meet requirements of growing learner numbers
- Management of structure of team in line with above
We would like to hear from applicants who have extensive experience monitoring and improving delivery of Apprenticeship programmes, probably in a team leader role / managerial role within an Apprenticeship Provider.
A proven team leader, skilled at managing and developing teams together with experience of Ofsted Inspections.
An in-depth understanding of the requirements that make a high-quality apprenticeship provision and can support with the implementation of processes and procedures to support.
Ability to communicate clearly and compassionately and to connect with people both one on one and in groups becoming a mentor and guide to others.
Genuine belief in the power of education and opportunity to change lives. You understand that everyone needs support to achieve their goals.
At Arden, you will become a part of a passionate and dedicated team who are committed to removing unnecessary barriers to learning and making education more accessible. Our people work hard to ensure our students journeys are the best they can possibly be, as such we want to reward our people with fantastic benefits. Employees benefit from:
- 30 days holiday, add the bank holiday on top, and we even throw in Christmas closure
- A generous Aviva pension plan, our contributions start at 7%
- Study any Arden course for free, with generous discount for all family and friends
- Our ‘Golden Ticket’ which allows you to gift anyone in your life a free Arden education
- Plus, other competitive benefits!
Stand out, Progressive, Accessible, Resourceful, Kindness, reflect who we are as an institution, a team and as individuals. If they also reflect you and you are excited by the chance to be the driving, creative force within a growing business, we want to hear from you.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arden University, as we expand into new disciplines and locations.
Closing Date: Monday 26th February
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we recognise, and studies confirm, that often underrepresented candidates in the work place are less likely to apply to roles unless they meet all skills and experience of the position. At Arden we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, therefore we make sure that our recruitment and selection processes never discriminate based upon age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy, and actively welcome applications from all groups.
So, if you want to be part of Arden and our journey, but you feel that you’re missing some of the skills or experience the role requires, then we encourage you to apply anyway as you may make a great candidate for this role or others!
At Arden University, we are committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all its students and colleagues. We seek to ensure that our organisation, its activities, staffing, and procedures are carefully managed through rigorous application of safeguarding principles that reflect our statutory responsibilities and government guidance.