Business Lecturer - Tower Hill/Holborn
£36,000 per annum plus £2,500 London Weighting and Excellent Benefits
Based on-site at either our Tower Hill or Holborn Study Centres
At Arden University, we pride ourselves on being true innovators, disruptors and pioneers, our focus is to promote life-long learning and ensure that everyone, everywhere can access higher education. We are currently recruiting a Business Lecturer.
A positive role model to their peers and students, the Business Lecturer role also represents the University and its values, promoting the School of Leadership and Management and the Faculty of Business at external and internal events. The growth of the school in terms of increasing student enrolments and the validation of new, innovative programmes means that we need to recruit excellent lecturers to ensure ongoing success.
This role will be reporting into one of our Senior Lecturers within the school. The Business Lecturers at Arden University are accountable for delivering excellent teaching and learning programmes. They will ensure they design excellent teaching material and deliver this to their students while continuously managing their own teaching activity and reflect on practice and development of skills, with support/guidance as needed.
- You possess a recognised HE Teaching Qualification and /or Advance HE Fellowship at FHEA/SFHEA level or demonstrate commitment to gain this recognition within 12 months of appointment.
- Able to evidence CPD to show your commitment to enhancing your knowledge and teaching capability, including your practical teaching methods and techniques. You should also possess a Master’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a subject relevant to teaching and research area.
- Able to demonstrate excellent breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline/subject area to cover Level 4 to Level 7
- An ability to teach modules across business, accounting & finance topics will be an advantage.
- An ability with a proven track record of teaching international students will be an advantage.
At Arden, you will become a part of a passionate and dedicated team who are committed to removing unnecessary barriers to learning and making education more accessible. Our people work hard to ensure our students journeys are the best they can possibly be, as such we want to reward our people with fantastic benefits. Employees benefit from:
- 30 days holiday, add the bank holiday on top, and we even throw in Christmas closure
- A generous Aviva pension plan, our contributions start at 7%
- PMI or Healthcare Cashback (dependent on role grade)
- Study any Arden course for free, with generous discount for all family and friends
- Our ‘Golden Ticket’ which allows you to gift anyone in your life a free Arden education
- Plus, other competitive benefits!
Stand out, Progressive, Accessible, Resourceful, Kindness, reflect who we are as an institution, a team and as individuals. If they also reflect you and you are excited by the chance to be the driving, creative force within a growing business, we want to hear from you.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arden University, as we expand into new disciplines and locations. For the full job description, click here, or to start your journey with us, click apply!
Closing Date: Monday 9th October 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we recognise, and studies confirm, that often underrepresented candidates in the work place are less likely to apply to roles unless they meet all skills and experience of the position. At Arden we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, therefore we make sure that our recruitment and selection processes never discriminate based upon age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy, and actively welcome applications from all groups.
So, if you want to be part of Arden and our journey, but you feel that you’re missing some of the skills or experience the role requires, then we encourage you to apply anyway as you may make a great candidate for this role or others!