Functional Skills Tutor
£36,000 -- £40,000 plus excellent benefits
Remote-based work within the UK or based at our Coventry Head Office
At Arden University, we pride ourselves on being true innovators, disruptors and pioneers, our focus is to promote life-long learning and ensure that everyone, everywhere can access higher education.
We are currently recruiting a Functional Skills Tutor
Are you looking to make a significant contribution to a growing organisation?
This is a great opportunity to join our friendly Apprenticeships team at Arden University. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth. If you are ambitious and want to be part of our success story, supporting our Higher Apprenticeship department, then this is the role for you.
The main purpose of the role is to provide quality teaching and learning of Functional Skills Maths & English ensuring learners are ready for their exams. The Functional Skills Tutor will develop and share effective resources for teaching and learning and support the wider apprenticeship delivery team in embedding functional skills into their delivery.
The role holder will have accountability for the following:
Tutoring & Support
- Assess, plan and deliver functional skills to all learners on an individual or group basis according to learners starting points, needs and requirements.
- Provide individualised maths and English training which stretches and challenges learners.
- Support learners in the development of their maths and English skills and knowledge to enable them to meet their aspirations and fulfil their potential.
- Design and deliver engaging sessions
- Report on attendance and areas of concern to the delivery team
- Work alongside tutors to embed maths and English into the wider curriculum.
- Assess, monitor, review, evaluate and adjust your delivery to meet the needs of the apprentices
Arden offers a very attractive employee package and there are many exciting developments at the University.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, being a strong team player who is able to pick up new systems and processes quickly. The ability to prioritise workloads to meet specific deadlines in a high-pressured organisation is key. You`ll need strong attention to detail with exceptional communication skills whilst remaining flexible with a friendly positive attitude.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to empathise, manage expectations and relate to people at all levels is key to this role.
Experience of apprenticeship knowledge is desirable but not essential.
At Arden, you will become a part of a passionate and dedicated team who are committed to removing unnecessary barriers to learning and making education more accessible. Our people work hard to ensure our students journeys are the best they can possibly be, as such we want to reward our people with fantastic benefits. Employees benefit from:
- 30 days holiday, add the bank holiday on top, and we even throw in Christmas closure
- A generous Aviva pension plan, our contributions start at 7%
- Study any Arden course for free, with generous discount for all family and friends
- Our ‘Golden Ticket’ which allows you to gift anyone in your life a free Arden education
- Plus, other competitive benefits!
Stand out, Progressive, Accessible, Resourceful, Kindness, reflect who we are as an institution, a team and as individuals. If they also reflect you and you are excited by the chance to be the driving, creative force within a growing business, we want to hear from you.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arden University, as we expand into new disciplines and locations. For the full job description, click here, or to start your journey with us, click apply!
Closing Date: Tuesday 14th February 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we recognise, and studies confirm, that often underrepresented candidates in the work place are less likely to apply to roles unless they meet all skills and experience of the position. At Arden we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, therefore we make sure that our recruitment and selection processes never discriminate based upon age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy, and actively welcome applications from all groups.
So, if you want to be part of Arden and our journey, but you feel that you’re missing some of the skills or experience the role requires, then we encourage you to apply anyway as you may make a great candidate for this role or others!