£22,000 - £24,500 per annum + competitive benefits
Hybrid working based from our Coventry Head Office
At Arden University, we pride ourselves on being true innovators, disruptors and pioneers. Our focus is to promote life-long learning and ensure that everyone, everywhere can access higher education. We are currently looking for 2 Admissions Officers to join our Admissions Team.
As an Admissions Officer you will process applications for our courses. You will also be responsible for assessing applications and liaising with academics to ensure that appropriate decisions are made. You will use our CRM system for processing applications, and ensure they are all dealt with efficiently and accurately ensuring compliance with our admission policies.
This is a great opportunity to start a career in Higher Education, with an innovative and progressive organisation who put students at the heart of everything they do.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Making admissions decisions on all standard applications for Arden University courses in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner, ensuring compliance with Arden University admission policies
- Assessing application documentation and requesting further information, where required, to inform decision making
- Assessing applications and liaising with academics and recruitment on non-standard to ensure the appropriate decisions are made in accepting students onto Arden University courses
- To issue accurate offers for students to study with Arden University, having demonstrated eligibility to study
- To demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Arden University entry requirements, being able to explain these to others
You will need to be detail orientated, with the ability to check accuracy and pay attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. You will also need to be comfortable work independently when making decisions, as well as having a passion to provide excellent customer service.
Experience of working in a Higher Education setting, along with an understanding of UKVI regulations would be desirable however if you have strong organisational skills, a passion for higher education and working with potential students, the ability to pick up new systems and processes quickly, and you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, you will thrive in our Admissions team.
At Arden, you will become a part of a passionate and dedicated team who are committed to removing unnecessary barriers to learning and making education more accessible. Our people work hard to ensure our students journeys are the best they can possibly be, as such we want to reward our people with fantastic benefits. Employees benefit from:
- 30 days holiday, add the bank holiday on top, and we even throw in Christmas closure
- A generous Aviva pension plan, our contributions start at 7%
- PMI or Healthcare Cashback (dependent on role grade)
- Study any Arden course for free, with generous discount for all family and friends
- Our ‘Golden Ticket’ which allows you to gift anyone in your life a free Arden education
- Plus, other competitive benefits!
Stand out, Progressive, Accessible, Resourceful, Kindness, reflect who we are as an institution, a team and as individuals. If they also reflect you and you are excited by the chance to be the driving, creative force within a growing business, we want to hear from you.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arden University, as we expand into new disciplines and locations. For the full job description, click here, or to start your journey with us, click apply!
Closing Date: Friday 27th January 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we recognise, and studies confirm, that often underrepresented candidates in the work place are less likely to apply to roles unless they meet all skills and experience of the position.
At Arden we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, therefore we make sure that our recruitment and selection processes never discriminate based upon age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy, and actively welcome applications from all groups.
So, if you want to be part of Arden and our journey, but you feel that you’re missing some of the skills or experience the role requires, then we encourage you to apply anyway as you may make a great candidate for this role or others!