Senior Learning Designer
£44,000 - £49,000 per annum plus Excellent Benefits
Remote-based work within the UK
Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months
At Arden University, we pride ourselves on being true innovators, disruptors and pioneers, our focus is to promote life-long learning and ensure that everyone, everywhere can access higher education. We are currently looking for a Senior Learning Designer to join our Digital Learning team on a fixed term contract.
As a Senior Learning Designer, you will play a key role in creating sector-leading digital learning experiences as well as designing and building more complex / demanding modules in partnership with colleagues (70% of working time, on average).
You will also be accountable for the work of a team of Learning Designers, ensuring that modules are designed in accordance with quality expectations, workflows and deadlines (30% of working time, on average).
We are looking for someone who has a passion for engaging, innovative pedagogy, the ability to nurture and develop colleagues, and the experience to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability will be essential.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Using extensive specialist knowledge of learning design models, systems and practices to manage a team of Learning Designers, ensuring that deadlines and quality standards are met
• Working across multi-disciplinary teams, as well as collaborating with the Head of Learning Design and colleagues working at a similar level elsewhere in the digital learning team (e.g. Senior Multimedia Designer, Senior Product Development Coordinator)
• Proactively shaping systems, processes and practices, as well as identifying, addressing or escalating complex issues and risks as required
• Participating in the Digital Learning team’s operations meetings, providing regular reports and deputising for the Head of Learning Design as required
At Arden, you will become a part of a passionate and dedicated team who are committed to removing unnecessary barriers to learning and making education more accessible. Our people work hard to ensure our students journeys are the best they can possibly be, as such we want to reward our people with fantastic benefits. Employees benefit from:
- 30 days holiday, add the bank holiday on top, and we even throw in Christmas closure
- A generous Aviva pension plan, our contributions start at 7%
- PMI or Healthcare Cashback (dependent on role grade)
- Study any Arden course for free, with generous discount for all family and friends
- Our ‘Golden Ticket’ which allows you to gift anyone in your life a free Arden education
- Plus, other competitive benefits!
Stand out, Progressive, Accessible, Resourceful, Kindness, reflect who we are as an institution, a team and as individuals. If they also reflect you and you are excited by the chance to be the driving, creative force within a growing business, we want to hear from you.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arden University, as we expand into new disciplines and locations. For the full job description, click here, or to start your journey with us, click apply!
Closing Date: Sunday 11th December 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we recognise, and studies confirm, that often underrepresented candidates in the work place are less likely to apply to roles unless they meet all skills and experience of the position. At Arden we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, therefore we make sure that our recruitment and selection processes never discriminate based upon age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy, and actively welcome applications from all groups.
So, if you want to be part of Arden and our journey, but you feel that you’re missing some of the skills or experience the role requires, then we encourage you to apply anyway as you may make a great candidate for this role or others!