Learning Designer (Module Maintenance)
Up to £34,000 per annum plus Excellent Company Benefits
Remote-based work within the UK
At Arden University, we pride ourselves on being true innovators, disruptors and pioneers, our focus is to promote life-long learning and ensure that everyone, everywhere can access higher education. We are currently recruiting a Learning Designer (Module Maintenance) to join our Digital Learning team.
As a Learning Designer you will play a key role in creating sector-leading digital learning experiences that excite and engage learners. You will maintain and enhance digital modules in partnership with colleagues, and support the work of the Faculty of Learning and Teaching through the ongoing evolution of our digital learning experience. The ability to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams and a passion for engaging,
innovative digital learning will be essential.
We are looking for someone who has proven experience in a digital learning designer role, has knowledge of systematic approaches to digital learning design as well as a sound understanding of pedagogical theory and user experience principles.
You will also have a passion for engaging, innovative pedagogy and the experience to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability will be essential.
Other key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Reporting the learning design process against schedules and escalating any risks (e.g. potential delays or technical/quality issues) via regular team meetings, and reporting channels
• Using pedagogical expertise to support the alignment of learning outcomes, course materials and assessment throughout the entire development lifecycle, from initial planning through to review, evaluation and revision
• Use and understand common systems relevant to area of work to enable manipulation of information and initial investigation of customer queries/problems
• Present own/teams work activities to internal or external meetings as required to ensure that Digital Learning team is appropriately represented.
At Arden, you will become a part of a passionate and dedicated team who are committed to removing unnecessary barriers to learning and making education more accessible. Our people work hard to ensure our students journeys are the best they can possibly be, as such we want to reward our people with fantastic benefits. Employees benefit from:
- 30 days holiday, add the bank holiday on top, and we even throw in Christmas closure
- A generous Aviva pension plan, our contributions start at 7%
- PMI or Healthcare Cashback (dependent on role grade)
- Study any Arden course for free, with generous discount for all family and friends
- Our ‘Golden Ticket’ which allows you to gift anyone in your life a free Arden education
- Plus, other competitive benefits!
Stand out, Progressive, Accessible, Resourceful, Kindness, reflect who we are as an institution, a team and as individuals. If they also reflect you and you are excited by the chance to be the driving, creative force within a growing business, we want to hear from you.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arden University, as we expand into new disciplines and locations. For the full job description, click here, or to start your journey with us, click apply!
Closing Date: Sunday 11th December 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we recognise, and studies confirm, that often underrepresented candidates in the work place are less likely to apply to roles unless they meet all skills and experience of the position. At Arden we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, therefore we make sure that our recruitment and selection processes never discriminate based upon age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy, and actively welcome applications from all groups.
So, if you want to be part of Arden and our journey, but you feel that you’re missing some of the skills or experience the role requires, then we encourage you to apply anyway as you may make a great candidate for this role or others!