Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Based in our Coventry/Warwick Head Office or one of our UK Study centres (Manchester, London, Birmingham, Leeds) or with an opportunity for agile working.
About Arden: We pride ourselves on being true innovators, disruptors and pioneers, our focus is to promote life-long learning and ensure that everyone, everywhere can access higher education. As a private University we operate at a faster pace, we are more creative and entrepreneurial, and we are not afraid to take risks. We are small enough to be agile, but with grand plans to make a global impact. We have offices across the UK and in Berlin and in the next five years, you will see us in most continents across the globe, but we need you to help us achieve this. We are also proud to have won the Education Business of the year 2020 - Education Investor!
The Opportunity: This is a new role created to consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing vendors and items to procure for the University. We are growing at a rapid rate which has necessitated the recruitment of a high calibre qualified procurement professional into an exciting and varied role. The role will own all procurement across the University with a focus on complete, on time, in full performance from our vendors.
We want to introduce strong control into our procurement activity but maintain the agile approach which has brought success. The role will encompass the existing UK, Germany and Czech operations plus other countries as the University continues to expand internationally.
- We’re looking for someone who excels in the procurement field. Reporting into our CFO, you will have the knowledge and expertise of setting up a procurement function from scratch and be able to effectively build and implement this across the University.
- This is an exciting opportunity to develop existing purchasing processes, implement data-driven decision making & reporting and embed a best in class procurement set up for Arden.
- Your vendor management, vendor oversight and negotiation skills will drive the procurement process and ensure we continue our rapid growth and expansion.
- You will be a competent procurement professional and so therefore will be able to work on a number of different interesting projects - encompassing opex and significant capex spends.
- Your communication skills will be well-honed, with an ability to understand customer requirements, convey decisions and articulate critical procurement processes to University colleagues at all levels.
- You will have a strong track record in establishing and running tendering & request for quotation processes, assessing value for money and measuring vendor performance according to defined minimum standards.
- We are looking for you to demonstrate an entrepreneurial attitude and also have a track record of being self financing in a procurement role.
Why Arden: At Arden, our people work hard to ensure our students journeys are the best they can possibly be, as such we want to reward our people with our wonderful benefits. We want our colleagues to enjoy both their personal and professional life, and we know work-life balance is at the forefront of everyone’s mind, as such we offer the opportunity for our people to explore agile working and offer flexibility in working pattern to accommodate where we can. We know that health and wellbeing are important, and our colleagues benefit from private medical insurance from Vitality along with access to wellbeing support. Our colleagues love the standard 30 days holiday, add the bank holiday on top and we will even throw in Christmas closure, giving you plenty of time to do the things you love! Your future is also important to us, and we want you to be as comfortable as possible in retirement, so we offer a generous pension plan from Aviva.
We want you to grow as the University grows, as such we promote lifelong learning and all our colleagues can study any of our courses for free, we also offer a generous friends and family discount. We believe in the freedom to learn, and each year every colleague can use the Golden Ticket to gift a free Arden education.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arden University, as we expand into new disciplines and locations. To learn more about our benefits click here, for the full JD click here or to start your journey with us click apply!
Deadline - Thursday 21st October 2021