About Arden University
Arden is a pioneer. Established in 1990, we are here to help ambitious people thrive and succeed through ‘real-world’ relevant Education that is fuelled by technology, shaped by employers and built around learners' lives. We are the alternative University. We use technology to deliver flexible higher education that works around our students. We equip our students with the digital skills they need to thrive in the modern workplace and accelerate their career. We are the University of practitioners and of professionals. We bring the University to our learners, wherever they are, with flexible programmes designed and delivered to equip them for tomorrow. Today.
We want to become the first choice University, for career-focused lifelong learners worldwide and gain a reputation for delivering outstanding impact, convenience and relevance to the graduates of today and the future. As we expand our current corporate and academic teams across the globe we have a unique opportunity for employees to grow and develop, deliver exciting projects and help shape the future of education.
Interested? Then read on to hear more about our exciting opportunities.
Salary - Circa £22,000
The hours in total are 37 hours over the below:
- Monday 2pm – 10pm
- Tuesday 2pm – 10pm
- Wednesday 2pm – 10pm
- Thursday 2pm – 10pm
- Friday – 9 -5 / 8-4
The Department & Role
The job holder will be the first point of call for all of our student body. You will communicate with students in person, via phone, email, live chat and messenger and be able to listen to a range of customer service issues and offer a unique and innovative solutions to each problem. You will aim to go ‘above and beyond’ to deliver an exceptional service recognising that a personal, friendly, approachable interaction is always expected. The successful candidate for this role will be patient, empathetic and be well-trained in product knowledge that will be critical for offering quick and accurate assistance to students.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Prepare clearly defined daily and weekly reports and presentations typically using standard formats or templates, to show activity and tasks completed.
- Gather and manipulate routine data, related to student query volume and trends, so that others can interpret it or incorporate it into their own work.
Perform confidential typing, filing or manipulation of confidential data, exercising due care and attention to the transfer and/or storage of such information.
- Receive and respond to enquiries from students, including more complex queries, judging when to escalate or involve others.
- Use and understand common systems relevant to the area of work to enable manipulation of information and initial investigation of student queries/problems, including email, phone, and live chat software.
- Signposting students to appropriate information sources/support services, both within their own team and across different departments.
- Comply with all policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health, safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Demonstrate or explain the services available and/or the use of facilities to students, specific to each mode of study.
- Diagnose and rectify faults/problems with systems and/or procedures within own area.
- Ensure the service is delivered from a friendly, supportive, and understanding perspective, recognising the high levels of customer service required.
- Plan and organise own activities to ensure that deadlines/student expectations are met.
- Participate in or co-ordinate work unit-based projects or development activities (e.g. supporting induction sessions/managing caseload)
Arrange and/or support internal and external activities/events, collating and recording relevant information/documentation as requested (e.g. induction, milestones).
- Deliver the service in line with set KPI’s; average response times, customer satisfaction, secret shopper reports, levels of customer service provided, and ability to respond to customer needs.
- Continually review the experience students receive and make suggestions about how Arden can improve the service.
- Effectively identify students and direct them to relevant services as required.
- Build positive relationships with Success Coaches in order to escalate queries/concerns in an efficient and effective manner.
- Email or book a 1-2-1 session with the relevant team member.
Skills and Experience Required
- Vocational qualifications (NVQ 2-3, City & Guild) or equivalent, plus some experience in a relevant role.
- Experience working within a customer-facing capacity (e.g. customer services, coaching, mentoring, advising and guidance, or similar and escalating queries where necessary).
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience in working/responding independently and dealing with unforeseen problems and circumstances.
- Operating knowledge of coaching techniques would be required.
- A clear understanding of the standards and regulations set for the conduct and output for the coaching role.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
We value all our colleagues and invest in their development. We also have a great colleague benefits package that you can tailor to your families needs. This includes;
- 30 days annual leave
- Christmas closure
- Pension Plans
- Health cashback schemes and much more
To embark on a career at Arden, start the application today.
Application deadline - Monday 1st November 2021
We are really excited for you to view our new TV advertisement which went live in July 2020, and may help you to understand more about Arden University.